Welcome To Your Pelvic Health HQ (for all the stuff they didn't teach you in OT school)
Choose what you need now to launch and accelerate your career in this emerging area of practice...
Whether you're delving into pelvic health for the first time or ready to start your own practice, you're in the right place. As an OT, the need for what you do is greater than ever before and you are uniquely suited to help pelvic health clients. Are you ready to become the in-demand specialist you were meant to be?
"Lindsey offers so many images and language about the way the upper and lower body are connected and everything in between. Concepts I found a bit murkier before I have now been able to articulate in ways that are super refreshing and just really connecting the docts for some of my patients."
- ERICA, OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
Choose your path:
Where would you like to start?
OPEN A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES IN THE PELVIC HEALTH SPECIALTY
OT Pioneers is the online pelvic floor training taught from an OT perspective. It was designed to help OTs leverage the things they're already great at. Get everything you need to get started in pelvic health and change the trajectory of your career:
- Dive into pelvic floor anatomy and function, and start establishing yourself as an expert
- Access all the tools and resources you need for easy client intake and assessments
- Watch a live exam and learn to confidently interview and assess your first pelvic health clients
- Attract seriously motivated clients who come to YOU specifically for your in-demand skills
- Discover how you can empower your clients to retake control of their bodies and their lives
"Wish I had access to this first..."
"I signed up for Lindsey's course after taking several other pelvic floor courses, and I really wish I would've had access to this first. It's super easy to access and a non-scary way to see if this is a field that you're going to get into."
- SARAH, OT PIONEERS STUDENT
COLORECTAL IS 50% OF THE PELVIC FLOOR - LET'S NOT IGNORE IT
OT Elevate: The Biopsychosocial Approach To Colorectal Conditions
Bowel and colorectal conditions are so closely associated with shame, guilt, hiding, and quietly suffering that we have an enormous role to play in assisting our clients to be the guide to their own body. Colorectal is 50% of the pelvic floor so we must have the tools to be able to address this with our clients. OT Elevate is your path to becoming #1 at #2 with your clients. And OT Elevate is taught from a biopsychosocial approach where you'll:
- Feel 100% confident discussing common, and uncommon, colorectal conditions with your client
- Feel like an expert in motivational interviewing when it comes to asking specific questions related to colorectal conditions
- Know just want to do when your client presents specific colorectal conditions
- Have 100% confidence to create a "Choose Your Own Treatment Plan" with a plethora of bio, psycho, and social tools to pull from
- Know how to confidently assemble a team of practitioners for complex cases
"I'm already using the exercises..."
"Thank you Lindsey! I just finished The Pelvic Connection Toolbox and I'm already using the exercises with my clients. I love your cueing!"
- SARAH SIDAR, PELVIC CONNECTION TOOLBOX
FREE INSIDER TIPS FROM THE BEST IN THE FIELD
Pelvic Soma Hour
Pelvic Soma Hour is a free series of interviews with some of the best OTs and other health professionals already specializing in pelvic floor therapy. Find out how they built their careers, increases referrals, and built supportive communities:
- Find out how collaborating with doulas, childbirth educators, and massage therapists could boost your pelvic health business
- Get top course recommendations from experienced pros
- Find out which tools the pros are using to market themselves and systematize their businesses
- Discover little-known secrets to becoming a pelvic health entrepreneur
"Wow - these OTs were so incredibly candid, honest and open about their experiences of getting into a groundbreaking area of our profession. I feel so invigorated about following in their footsteps."
- SAMANTHA W. - OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
THE DEFINITIVE COURSE TEACHING YOU HOW TO START A THRIVING PRIVATE PAY OT PRACTICE
Private Pay MBA
More and more OTs just like you are realizing a huge portion of our day as an OT isn't dedicated to actually serving our clients. They are frustrated with impossible "productivity standards", with endless paperwork, and answering to 3rd parties (i.e. insurance companies) that never set foot in the treatment room. Like you, they want to focus their efforst on what actually gets their clients better. And they are realizing that starting a Private Pay Practice is the answer. In Private Pay MBA you will get an easy-to-follow, group-up method that gives you a crystal clear roadmap for planning, building, and growing a private pay practice that clients will happily pay up-front for:
- Chapter 1: Activating Your Business Brain
- Chapter 2: Legitimizing Your Business
- Chapter 3: Pricing Your Services, Taking Payments & Tweaking Your Processes
- Chapter 4: Perfecting Your Client Lifecycle
- Chapter 5: Marketing (and Growing) Your Practice
- Chapter 6: Working ON Your Business - Thriving In Your CEO Role
"Prior to this course I was working nights and weekends..."
"I would not be where I am today without Private Pay MBA; it sped up the process, gave me confidence and let me be successful in opening my doors to my cash based business. Prior to this course I was working nights and weekends trying to figure out what the necessary steps were to do my business. It took time and I was always worried that I was missing things. I had a strong desire to open my cash based pelvic health business but didn't have all the tools in one spot to get me to that point very quickly, PPMBA changed that. After the course I had done the work necessary and my business was able to open within the next month.
"This course makes you do the work but also gets you to your goals. Since opening my business I have followed the steps it lays out in the course for marketing, MD referrals, and investing in the community with the encouragement that my business plan and management has a solid foundation. I would recommend this course to any OT starting their own business, it has everything that you will need to be successful.
- KYRSTEN, PRIVATE PAY MBA
CONFIDENTLY CONDUCT ONLINE PELVIC FLOOR ASSESSMENTS
In Their Hands
The COVID pandemic and the rise of telehealth has presented a challenge: How do we assess our clients when we can't be in the room with them? In Their Hands is your guid to confidently coaching clients to do their own pelvic floor assessment. You won't find this information anywhere else:
- Discover four internal and external exam options to offer clients for their own self-assessment
- Steal the script I use with my own clients so they always choose the assessment that's best for them
- Borrow my techniques for making clients comfortable with the self-assessment process
- Learn the questions I use to get my clients to tell me what they're REALLY feeling
- Prepare yourself to answer questions and solve problems that come up during self-assessments.
"My clients were so engaged..."
"I just started seeing private patients via teletherapy and I'm loving it!!! I used your 'In Their Hands' workshop to lead them through their own self assessments through a teletherapy model and I can't thank you enough for that class and for OT Pioneers. Both of my clients were so engaged and I feel like we really figured out where their inactivity and overactivity was."
- JEANNINE, IN THEIR HANDS STUDENT
GET YOUR CLIENTS TO CONNECT TO THEIR PELVIC FLOOR EASILY, INTUITIVELY, AND ON THEIR OWN
The Pelvic Connection Toolbox
Getting our clients to intuitively connect to their pelvic floor is a struggle for most clients and their pelvic floor therapist since this is a part of their body they can't see. But this work is critical if we want our clients to become the detective of their own body and make progress in between sessions and on their own. The Pelvic Connection Toolbox is your solution and guides you through easy-to-use-cues with your clients:
- 14 different neuromuscular re-education routines ready for you to use with clients so you never have a doubt again what to give your client
- Done for you videos of the routines you can share directly with your clients so you don't have anything to film, edit or upload. You can start using this today with your clients.
- Mix and match the neuromuscular re-education routines with your client so you can customize it specifically to their needs.
- Want to film a version of them yourself? Perfect, I've given you a copy of my script to make it even easier! Just turn on the camera and go!
"So grateful to begin my exploration..."
"I'm just really grateful to being my exploration of pelvic floor therapy with an OT who's passionate about the practice and the education of other OTs looking to enter the field. Thank you Lindsey."
- KIYOKO, OT PARTICIPANT
Looking for more?
Emerging Areas of Practice
Interested in pursuing a career in pelvic health? Explore the possibilities in this free interview series featuring health professionals who've designed their own career paths in pelvic health. Explore different specialties, steal an idea or two, and discover the secrets to making it as a pelvic health practitioner.GET INSPIRED
OT Empower Hour
Every Thursday at 12:00 pm Eastern, OT Empower Hour is where pelvic health OTs meet to grow, ask questions, and get inspired. Each week we dive into a new way to better serve our pelvic health clients. It's 100% FREE and it all happens in my private OTs for Pelvic Health Facebook Group. Just click the link and request to join...GEEK OUT WITH US
OTs in Pelvic Health Podcast
Each week I release a new episode of my top ranked podcast "OTs in Pelvic Health." Inside each episode, I share what it takes to succeed as a pelvic health OT. From lessons learned, to overcoming imposter syndrome, to continuing education, to treatment ideas, to different populations, to getting your first job, to opening your own practice, I bring you into the exciting world of OTs in Pelvic Health and the secrets to becoming one.CHECK OUT MY PODCAST
Hi, I'm Lindsey.
"I'm the proud owner of The Functional Pelvis, a NYC based private practice specializing in Pelvic Floor Therapy. As a fellow OT, I believe passionately that no one is better equipped to specialize in pelvic health than we are. And now I've gathered all my best resources here in one place to help you do more of the work you love and help your clients heal faster and more completely."